Terms and conditions
1. This competition is open to nationals or residents of all countries in the world.
2. There is no entry fee.
3. There are two categories, senior and junior. Participants must select a junior or senior topic depending on their age on 31st August 2022. If you are between the ages of 16 and 18 on this date, you are eligible for the senior category, and if you are between the ages of 12 and 15, you are then eligible to participate in the junior category.
4. There are four topics in each category. Eligible participants may only choose and submit one entry only.
5. All work must be submitted by individuals. Group work is not allowed.
6. All entries must be submitted together with the official entry form which can be downloaded from the website.
7. Essays are accepted only on MS Word Document and should be saved as a PDF form, using Arial, font size 12. When submitting in pdf format, please make sure that two separate files are sent, one for the essay and another for the entry form. Please DO NOT combine the essay and entry form into one file when submitting in pdf format.
8. Submissions will be accepted until 31st August 2022.
9. All essays must be in the English language.
10. Submissions must be sent in MS Word document in PDF form via email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org for both categories and must be together with the official entry form AIWC-2022–PARTICIPATION. Please also include your postal or mailing address.
11. Please fill in your name on the official entry form only. Do not include your name or the name of the school in the essay.
12. Participants must provide the names and websites of their respective schools only in the entry form when submitting their entries.
13. If quotes and references are included, you are encouraged to clearly mark these throughout the essay and properly cite them.
14. All submissions must be original. No previously published material will be accepted. Please do not copy chunks of text from the internet and paste them into your essays. ANY FORM OF PLAGIARISM WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
15. To receive a certificate of participation in this competition, an essay must achieve the minimum set standard agreed upon by the organising committee.
16. The organizing committee reserves the right to publish and/or make the winning submissions public.
17. The decision of the judges is final and is not subject to appeal.